Friday, November 15, 2013

The Woman in White

I'm finding myself growing more and more interested in Mary.  Despite being Catholic my entire life, coming AND going, I never felt a particular devotion to her.  I started praying the Rosary in February, and have received various Graces from God through her, I truly believe.

One evening, I was visiting our parish's Adoration Chapel, where the Eucharist, Body of Christ, is displayed 24 hours a day for worship.  It's a peaceful place of prayer.  I had only visited a couple of times before, including this time.  

As I entered the foyer area from the lobby, I glanced in the Chapel, and saw two women, one towards the front and the other just a few rows from me.  I remember thinking that it was unexpected that two other women were there at this time, but thought no more of it. I turned slightly to look at the prayer request book.  I was blocking the door to the lobby, and there were no other exits.

I entered the Chapel, and only one woman was there. I was confused; where did the first woman, the one in white, go?  I truly believe I glimpsed the Virgin Mary, mother of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I don't know why, and I don't know why it was in one sense so fleeting, and in another sense so long and obvious.

I don't know the meaning of the glimpse of Mary, but I'm thankful for it.  Although I'm not as devoted as I'd like to be this amazing woman, Mother, I'm learning more all the time and trying to get to know her.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs, mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy towards us;
and after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
~~~~~~
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/marprayer.html
http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/marian.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_devotions#Major_Roman_Catholic_devotions_to_Mary

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+