Saturday, May 17, 2014

I AM

I was so honored and pleased to be able to attend Mass on the feast day of my Confirmation Saint, St. Dymphna, this week.  I was blessed to be able to attend at one of the most memorable parishes of my youth, and my maternal grandmother's parish when she was alive.  My mom grew up across the street from this parish.  Just walking in, the incense smell took me back to my youth, even though as a youth I didn't appreciate the early morning Mass or rosaries. (Still not a morning person!)

Thursday's Gospel reading was:
Gospel John 13:16-20

When Jesus had washed the disciples’ feet, he said to them:
“Amen, amen, I say to you, no slave is greater than his master
nor any messenger greater than the one who sent him.
If you understand this, blessed are you if you do it.
I am not speaking of all of you.
I know those whom I have chosen.
But so that the Scripture might be fulfilled,
The one who ate my food has raised his heel against me.
From now on I am telling you before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe that I AM
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send
receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me.”

The brief homily by Father Nick emphasized an important point. Jesus said that "I AM."  After the short weekday Mass, I returned across the street to my car in the parking lot, and began to make my way back to my mom's house for lunch. (I was visiting her another city a few hours away from my home.)  The radio was playing as I started the car, and guess what song it was?


"I AM"!!  WOW!  I love how these God-incidences (not coincidences) happen and give me such peace and joy.

Here is another of my favorite 'I Am' songs as well:

Amen, amen, amen! All joys and praises to our God, our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+