Tuesday, June 3, 2014

SPOILER alert! Choose the light!

That's a phrase we see or hear nowadays, when people are about to allude to something that gives away the ending.  There have been a *few* times when I was reading a book that I was struggling to get into, and I did skip to the end to see if the ending was worth it, worth sludging through the rest of the book.

Well, I've got a great spoiler alert for you............

God wins! No matter how bad things are going personally, or in the world as a whole, the ending will be spectacular.  We have the choice to be part of the glorious ending, or we can choose the one that ends in darkness. I'm choosing the LIGHT!

I look around and see the demise of our communities, cities, countries, and the world.  The seemingly smaller things are like small arrows, wounding but not killing the Body of Christ, of which we are members.  It's easy to despair about the state of our world, with so many attacks against God, against the Faith, against all Christians, attacks both small and large, obvious or insidious (I think there are more that are this way).  The attacks on religious freedoms, on marriage, on families.  Society is trying to force us to accept and drink the poison it considers normal.  There are so many things, I can't even begin to detail them here.  I hope one day we'll be able to look back and while seeing the horrors that were the norms during this time, that we are able to rejoice that the world was set right.

I used to worry more about things; I still do worry about my sons.  But knowing the ending helps a lot.  As long as I stay in a state of Grace, remain right with the Lord, I know what my ending will be.  Troubles will still come along, but knowing that my loved ones are basking in the Glory of God's Love helps me a lot when losing a loved one.  I know it will get harder.  It might be sooner rather than later. I pray that I remain confident in God's ending no matter when it happens.  But when I returned to God and the Faith a year and a half ago, I quit being scared to die. I don't *want* to die; I think I have a lot left to do for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+