Sunday, October 20, 2013

Catch me I'm fallin'...........

Fallin' in love!!

With our return to the Church and Faith has come a newer, deeper capacity to love.  Sometimes it's *almost* like I've never felt love before.  I love my husband, kids, family, friends, chocolate....but once I started truly loving God, love feels even deeper.  Not only that, but I get this feeling of 'falling in love' when I hear a wonderful sermon, or read an amazing Bible passage, or many other things.  My heart truly feels ready to explode.

One of the first times I felt this love was at Mass.   It was a warm, wrap me up, cushion my entire body kind of love.  It was confusing at first; what is this feeling?  I've loved, been in love, been loved...but this was different.  I've had that feeling when reading Scripture, too.  It's like God has personally Himself sent me a personal love letter.  Next, in prayer, and then in daily life.  God has given me love in all parts of it.  Sometimes it's not in the form I might expect it to be, but once you open your heart, you can't dodge it.  Even when I look at my children and husband, I feel this renewed joy and love.  Truly, the more I give it away, the more He gives me.  When I show strangers kindness, out of my love for others...He rewards me.  He has rewarded me in many areas, but the true Joy is from sharing His Love.

Take the Love that He has given to you, and share it with others.  Now, I don't imagine we can hug strangers, or tell them we love them; we can show it in other ways.  We can be patient, kind, understanding, generous, fair, just.  We can offer our place in line to the person behind us, especially if it's someone cranky or having a bad day.  We can give everyone a smile.  Don't let those compliments about others stay inside....tell them.

1 Corinthians 13  (NRSVCE)
The Gift of Love
1 If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast,[a] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. 9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly,[b] but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit. Psalm 51:12 NRSVCE

For the woman whose love knew no boundaries, whose heart knew no limits; she truly loved more than I thought possible.  RIP GMG 10/20/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+