Thursday, December 19, 2013

Share this or ELSE!!

I won't be the one to share your picture on Facebook that today is 'National ____________ Awareness Day/Week/Month/Year'.  I won't share your picture of Jesus that says I must share it if I love Him.  I won't share the post about cures for cancer, Alzheimer's, Autism.  I won't be the one who clicks on LIKE or SHARE just because the picture says I have to if I love Jesus.  I won't be passing on those posts that say I must or I"ll have 7 years bad luck, or Jesus will deny me in front of our Father.

I will be the person who will instead share how something like cancer, depression or suicide has affected my life, and ask for your prayers.  I will be the one who prays for your illness, suffering, shortcomings.  I will be the one who follows Jesus Christ from the inside out; I will be the one who knows that Jesus knows I love Him if I don't pass along a chain letter with his name on it.  I will share the pictures that inspire me.  You can be sure that if I do 'share' something that I've seen, it's because it mattered to me, in a major way.  I will be the person who creates funny 'memes' to make my friends and cousins laugh.

My life is not lived on Facebook.  My faith is intertwined deeply with my life,  I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saint Michael Prayer
Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
~~~~~~~
Prayer of Saint Augustine (354-430)

From A Catholic Prayer Book

Lord Jesus, let me know myself and know you and desire nothing save only you. Let me hate myself and love you. Let me humble myself and exalt you. Let me think nothing except you. Let me die to myself and live in you. Let me accept whatever happens as from you. Let me banish myself and follow you, and ever desire to follow you. Let me fly from myself and take refuge in you, that I may deserve to be defended by you. Let me fear for myself, let me fear you, and let me be among those who are chosen by you. Let me be willing to obey for the sake of you. Let me cling to nothing save only to you, and let me be poor because of you. Look upon me, that I may love you. Call me that I may see you, and for ever enjoy you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+