Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quick editorial notes and more....Sunday's first reading

I do a couple things differently when I'm writing about our Lord.

Normally, I'm very quick to note grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes (although, please forgive some of the free-flowing thoughts that were published late at night, proofed with eyes almost shut).

But when I refer to our Lord in any capacity, His Name is capitalized.  I take it another step: I also capitalize any 'trait' that belongs to Him, for lack of a better term.  For example:  His Love, His Forgiveness, His Mercy.  Anything that IS our Lord, is Holy to me.  While I often see 'His' or 'He' written as such, I rarely see it the way I do it.  That's fine.  It helps me to remember that All that is our Lord is Holy.

~~~~~~~
In other news:
I've added one of our parish priests to my Facebook. That should speed up the confession process (just kidding!).

I'm a lector for this Sunday's Mass, for only the third time (2nd time scheduled; other time volunteered).  I was reading ahead of this Sunday's readings on my Laudate app, and lo and behold, the first reading is mine. By 'mine', I mean MINE!  If you'll scroll down to one of my earlier posts, you'll find Sirach and why it is so special to me.  Here is the reading from USCCB:

Twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 126


Reading 1SIR 3:17-18, 20, 28-29

My child, conduct your affairs with humility,
and you will be loved more than a giver of gifts.
Humble yourself the more, the greater you are,
and you will find favor with God.
What is too sublime for you, seek not,
into things beyond your strength search not.
The mind of a sage appreciates proverbs,
and an attentive ear is the joy of the wise.
Water quenches a flaming fire,
and alms atone for sins.

This is so awesome!  This chapter and these verses were the Lord truly revealing Himself to me in my hour of need.

God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+