Friday, October 18, 2013

Don't get caught up in acting Christian....

Don't get caught up in acting Christian.

Get caught up in BEING Christian.

I pulled into the driveway just as I was listening to the Divine Mercy hour on the Drew Mariani show at 3:00 PM.  I love praying along with the thousands of other listeners for their intentions as well as my own.

I looked over, and there were my neighbors.  I thought of rushing inside so I could get my phone charged so I could continue to listen and pray along.  But as I glanced my neighbor in his neck brace, who also suffers from Alzheimer's Disease, along with his wife, who was mowing the lawn for the second time in her life, I realized that God didn't want me just to pray, or profess to be Christian.  I needed to BE a Christian, which meant getting out of the car, and away from my 'wants' (even though they were prayerful and powerful), to tend to someone else.

I'm so glad I didn't miss that opportunity...I missed the prayer, but I lived His Love and Command instead.  The prayer will be said after....but that moment of 'living' was more of praising Him, than it would have been to rush on inside and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+