Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hungry....

I was late for Mass last week, for circumstances beyond my control (a quick 3 hour drive turned into 4 hours due to car issues and such).  I don't like being late to anything but especially Mass.  We chose a different parish because of its location and the talk that was being given after Mass.  I arrived 24 minutes late! OH MY!!!  But surely, I was there in time for the Eucharistic Prayers....ummmm, no. Wow.  But that's not what this is about.  I missed the Liturgy of the Word completely.

I always thought that the 'main' portion was the Liturgy of the Eucharist portion.  But I still felt somewhat like I had missed something.  I am so used to receiving both the Word and Eucharist liturgies, that I hadn't contemplated one without the other.  I felt incomplete, to a point.  I depend on the Liturgy of the Word more than I had realized.  The Eucharist fills me, but the Word prepares me.  I've heard of, but never been to, 'communion services'.

I went again to Mass the next day, and again with my BFF on Wednesday.  I just didn't feel complete without the full gift of Mass.  I love that we have clearly defined portions of Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are currently being moderated for personal reasons. +JMJ+